Date: index | prev | next     Thread: index | prev | next     Author index

Cultural Exchange via Internet - Opportunities and Strategies
Forum of the House of World Cultures, Berlin, 12 October, 1998 - ... open end

Subject:How can we continue on our own?
Date:Mon, 14 Dec 1998 08:13
Author:Manfred Ewel  [Manfredewe@aol.com]
Reply To:forum1@hkw.kbx.de

Dear Joana,

I, too, found your contributions to the forum very stimulating. Living and working in the context of intercultural exchange and dialogue, the interpretation of imported cultural forms and content is one of the never-ending sources for amazement and reflection for me. (A good example is your mention of Dickens' Christmas Carol, which has never been part of my Xmas experience in Germany, but maybe that is because I have no children...)

The forum is soon coming to an end, and I would suggest that some of us who are interested in specific, common aspects of this discussion can stay in direct contact through individual mailing lists. The discussion on the forum has shown that interest is increasing, with many silent readers, and it would be great, if we could continue some issues of personal concern without a central server. (I am not sure how to do this, however, but maybe Gerhard Haupt could advise us on this.)

Living in Bangladesh, I am especially interested in the voices from the Indian subcontinent and other parts of Asia, but my experience of working with artists and art promoters in Tanzania for three years still keeps me focused on Africa as well.

Who would like to join me after the end of December?

Manfred Ewel
Dhaka, Bangladesh

©   Texts are the property of individual authors

Date: index | prev | next     Thread: index | prev | next     Author index

home  |  theme  |  modalities  |  documentation / statements  |  evaluation  |  links

Forum of the House of World Cultures, Berlin, on the use of Internet in the cultural exchange with and between Africa, Asia/Pacific and Latin America.

Project direction: Gerhard Haupt - haupt@uinic.de
©  House of World Cultures, Berlin. 1998