Date: index | prev | next     Thread: index | prev | next     Author index

Cultural Exchange via Internet - Opportunities and Strategies
Forum of the House of World Cultures, Berlin, 12 October, 1998 - ... open end

Subject:Re: dialogues in and out the net
Date:Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:59
Author:Hans Braumüller  [braumueller@vossnet.de]
Reply To:forum1@hkw.kbx.de

on 03 Dec 1998 20:06 Pedro Meyer wrote:

Cristina, I am afraid I can not do justice to your question unless I understand it better. I have re read it several times and I am still at a loss as to what you are asking me by "what do you think?" If I can say something about this, I would in essence agree with your statement save for the fact that I can not fully comprehend what you mean by "The use of 'I' along with autobiographical information should be provided by net users for the purpose of improving overall communication through better understanding."

She means, we should introduce us a little, before start a statement, telling our cultural and proffessional background to the audience.

For instance issue such as ecological problems are as significant as your very well considered preoccupations with technological separations between the north and the south.

The technological separations are not natural given like a mistic destiny but expression of a process of colonialism, imperialism and history, made by humans, so can be changed by humans. The ecological desaster is only a consquence of the the same actidud of exploitment, we take but not return, if we have the power to do this.

greetings,

Hans Braumüller
http://www.crosses.net
please send your cross

©   Texts are the property of individual authors

Date: index | prev | next     Thread: index | prev | next     Author index

home  |  theme  |  modalities  |  documentation / statements  |  evaluation  |  links

Forum of the House of World Cultures, Berlin, on the use of Internet in the cultural exchange with and between Africa, Asia/Pacific and Latin America.

Project direction: Gerhard Haupt - haupt@uinic.de
©  House of World Cultures, Berlin. 1998